[3830] CQ160 CW K1UO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1uo@uninet.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K1UO Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 07:23:35 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K1UO
Operator(s): K1UO
Station: K1UO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Maine
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 1441  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 77  Total Score = 941,895

Club:

Comments:

Finally decided to dust off the old contest bones from many moons ago and give
it a try once again after a long absence.  The first attempt in the CQWW last
Fall as a single band 160 entry ended with both operator and equipment failure.
 So  once again I decided to try and apply my old contest techniques that were
so successful years ago..  Downloaded N1MM (nice) and I was ready to go
â?¦wrongâ?¦One should at least learn how to use it in just a basic way!  Enough
so as to know how to at least delete a bogus qso due to keying errors (Yup..had
them too!) without taking 5 minutes to figure it out!  It was also very hard to
stop the DXing habits I have become accustomed to. Like calling ZC4LI waaaay to
long.... Still..this time the nut behind the knob and the equipment managed to
complete the entire test without any breakdowns..mental or otherwise!

Loads of fun just the same and a few highlights come to mind that I will never
forget..Thanks to 7Q7BP for hanging in there for what was an eternity of
exchanges for me to FINALLY get his call rightâ?¦that 3 minutes was the longest
2 hours I ever spent.  And to the 4X5 that kept with me for so long..thank you
for trying and I apologize for not being able to pull your entire call
throughâ?¦After the fact, I see it was most likely 4X5J who was mentioned as an
expedition call for the contest.

Thanks to all for the contacts.  It was great again hearing some of the old
familiar calls.