[3830] CQ160 CW OL0A(OK1CZ) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ok1cz@ddamtek.cz
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW OL0A(OK1CZ) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 05:58:36 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: OL0A
Operator(s): OK1CZ
Station: OK1CZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: nr Praha
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 1111  State/Prov = 38  Countries = 67  Total Score = 635,985

Club:

Comments:

RIG: K3 + PA
ANT: 27m shunt fed vertical, K9AY loop, beverage

Cold winter WX, lot of snow and lack of time before the contest meant that
antennas were not ready in time and not working as they should.
One beverage was installed as late as Friday PM and finished in the dark.
Having walked 2.5km over the fields in 30cm deep snow with wooden poles and
heavy hammer made me feel a bit tired even before the contest started. After
all it is called a radio sport, isn't it?  :-)

Murphy was around again. The vertical was not tuned properly (SWR over 3.5)
and the SWR was changing due to movement of the wires in the wind. So I used an
ATU in shack which had to be retuned every 10kHz or so. Too bad in S&P.
PA high SWR protection activated dozens of times.
I lost the first hour still solving the antenna issues.
Computer hash prevented using the keyboard for keying, so used the paddle all
the time.
Condx sounded good. Lower part of the band was a horrible mess with 200Hz
signal spacing and lots of clicks.
I missed mults PT7AG, FM5CD, P49V, CE1/K7CA whom I just could not reach.

Anyway, I had a lot of fun and enjoyed the contest. Despite the problems the
result is not too bad compared to 2008/2009 when I operated from a much better
contest QTH.
Thanks to every one who called. Best 73s and CU next time.