[3830] CQ160 CW WD5COV Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW WD5COV Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 20:15:26 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: WD5COV
Operator(s): WD5COV
Station: WD5COV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NM
Operating Time (hrs): 30 hrs

Total:  QSOs = 1097  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 79  Total Score = 617,136

Club:

Comments:

I spent last winter building my new 160 meter full size four square array and
could not wait for this season to roll around for a little contesting.
Conditions were pretty good here and was hoping to work a few new ones in the
contest as well as have as much fun as possible.
The first night all at once the band opened to Europe. I spent time searching
for multipliers and maybe a new one or two. I do not have my receive beverages
up yet so relied on the four square for both xmit and receive. We had quiet
conditions with very low QRN and was able to copy many stations. I think I
logged 50 countries the first night.
In the early morning as fast as the Europe signals faded the signals from Japan
started booming in. I had several good runs to JA.
I think the band was not as productive on the second night of the contest. I
started working many NA stations and later when the band opened to Europe, I
could not hear as well. I know many stations were calling me but I could not
pull all of them out. Thanks for calling and trying. I did manage to work 29
more countries, a mixture of Europeans and South American stations with a
couple from Asia and the Pacific.
The opening to JA was not near as good as the first night.
I had a lot of fun working the contest and can not wait until I get the rec
antennas up and running. I did manage to work three new ones in the contest,
Cyprus, China, and San Marino. It is much harder from this part of North
America. I am located 15 miles north of the US / Mexico border in he south west
corner of the state.
73 to all and thanks for the contacts. CU in the next one.
Dave WD5COV