[3830] NA Sprint CW AC0DS LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, craig@powersmith.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW AC0DS LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 20:48:15 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: AC0DS
Operator(s): AC0DS
Station: AC0DS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO - Longmont
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   73   1.5 hr
   40:   97      2.0
   20:   19      0.5
---------------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: Snowshoe Sprinters

Comments:

Pleased overall with the results, which were a personal best for the CW Sprint.
Was not too enthused about putting up my 102 ft doublet with 3 support poles in
the winter for just 4 hours of use.  No antennas allowed here, so only use
temporary stuff on fiberglas poles.  Xmit antenna for entire contest was 43 ft
vertical wire.  RX was mostly with stealth downsized K9AY array (Thanks Gary!).
 Single K3 at 100 W.

All bands seemed pretty good here.  I Left 20 early when the rate dropped to 45
so that I could focus more on 40 and 80.  80 was especially good here, with big
signals and low noise.

Left LOTS of Ms on the table.  Never heard a sniff of any VEs other than VE3.
Come on you Canadians - enjoy this contest with the rest of us  ;>)

I keep coming back to this contest because of the high overall level of
operating by most all contestants - something to aspire to!

73 until Sept       Craig   AC0DS