[3830] NA Sprint CW K4XU HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K4XU HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 00:47:01 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K4XU
Operator(s): K4XU
Station: K4XU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 3:55

   80:  102    1:45
   40:   92    1:17
   20:   26      37
---------------------

Club:

Team: Tree and the Forest

Comments:

Quit the FOC Marathon at 2350. Exported my Marathon Function keys before closing
and then imported Sprint keys into new Sprint log. They were the same! Spent the
first 20 minutes trying to re-teach N1MM how to play Sprint, reprogramming all
the F-key macros on the fly, while trying to make QSOs with Right Coast mults.
My apologies to any who got the wrong message.

20m died very early. 40m went long and suddenly it seemed everything was worked
or very weak. XYL complains that 40m RF turns off her new LCD TV "right in the
middle of the show!!!" Okay, band change time, a little early. 80m started
noisy but with beverages, much better was able to hear everyone that called.

Things got better
first hour: 47
second hour: 52
third hour: 61
Fourth hr: 60
Not bad considering this was the first outing with N1MM. My natural reactions,
when stressed, revert to TR keystrokes and that does not help. I can usually
break 10k but not this time. It seemed that there was not the same level of
activity this time. and only 39 mults. Heard only two that I could not catch.
The RTTY action on 40m was no fun and the FOC guys either joined or valiantly
held their ground on 025+/-. It was better when SSB was the first weekend.

So much for whining. Any day is a good day when they are calling you. Thanks
for the Q's.
73,
Dick ...part of the Oregon Forest