[3830] NA Sprint CW K6NV HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6nv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K6NV HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 14:59:50 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K6NV
Operator(s): K6NV
Station: K6NV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Truckee, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   58
   40:   87
   20:   11
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: Northern Calif Contest Club #3

Comments:

I thought conditions were very good.  MY local noise was gone, the skip was not
going over me, rather I had good condtions into the SF Bay area and to the
east.

20m was a pleasant surprise, maybe I could have stayed there longer and raised
my Q total.

When I started the Sprint my goal was 175 q's, if i was having a god night then
200 q's, but didn't make either, ended up with 156.  I know the log checker will
have a field day with me, I will really get hammered.

Spent probaly 85% CQing and using the A/B VFO attempting to stay outside the
main skrimish area and with a slower speed of 25-28wpm to encourage folks to
call.  For the most part that tatic worked.  I know I was loud since i would
usually end up with a small pileup all  on exactly the same frequency.  Even
the narrow filter (250) didn't help.  Got to get the ears trained better.

All in all a good time, now back to some excellent downhill skiing.

Rig:

FT-1000MP
AL-80b @ 700-850w
Tribander @ 60'