[3830] NA Sprint CW K4BAI HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K4BAI HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 18:55:34 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:  100   78 min
   40:  142   117 mi
   20:   58   45 min
---------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: Southeast Sprint Coalition #1

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW, TH6DXX (fixed NW), 40M dipole, 80M inverted vee
dipole.  Had trouble with beam controller for past several days, so decided to
lock it down at NW.  Worked OK, but would have been better I suspect if it had
been rotated.  For some reason, had RF feedback when using the zepp with high
power before the contest on 40M.  The antenna tuner will not operate with the
zepp on high power on 80M.  The zepp favors the north and northeast and the
dipoles favor the west.  So didn't use the zepp at all.  So, with all those
problems, the score is probably not too bad.  Band conditions seemed better
than expected on 20 at the start, but it was closing fast when I left at 0045.
40M was pretty good and the RTTY and FOC Marathon QRM weren't bad.  Did work one
FOCer when he called me and didn't count him for the Sprint since we didn't
exchange QSO #s.  Thanks for all QSOs and for a lot of repeats due to QSB and
QRM.  73, John, K4BAI.