[3830] MnQP W0ZQ Mobile Single Xmtr LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MnQP W0ZQ Mobile Single Xmtr LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 07:59:29 -0800
                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: W0ZQ
Operator(s): W0ZQ
Station: W0ZQ

Class: Mobile Single Xmtr LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:     256
   40:     356       10
   20:     179       71
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
-------------------------
Total:     791       81  Mults = 84  Total Score = 139,692

Club: Northern Lights Radio Society

Comments:

That was fun.  Many thanks for all the Q's.  Operating a contest from the front
seat of a Subaru Forester brings on a whole new layer of variables compared to
operating from the comfort of your shack - sort of a cross between radiosport
and road rally. I only covered eight counties this year, but gave 20, 40, 80m a
good work out from each stop including some time on 20 and 40m SSB.  My highest
single band/single-mode/single-stop total was 80m CW from my last stop
(LES)with 80 contacts.  At times the pile-ups were difficult, so sorry for any
blown calls, etc - I was using my FT897 with both a 500 and a 300 Hz CW filter,
but I kept looking for the 100 Hz filter !   Once again, thanks for all the QSOs
from snowy Minnesota.  Weather permitting, look for W0ZQ/9 in the WiQP in a few
weeks.   73, Jon