[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 19:45:50 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - February 12

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   6      6
   80:  18     14
   40:  20     12
   20:   0      0
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  44     32  Total Score = 1,408

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100W, dipole, zepp, inverted vee.  Worked K6VVA and N3ZZ and heard
WF7T on 20M just before 0230Z, so wasted over three minutes trying to make QSOs
on 20M.  K9BGL answered me, but didn't get his number and others took over the
frequency.  Got no other answers on 20M.  Went to 40M and gave my #1 to N2NT in
exchange for his #8.  So, started out way behind.  40M sounded great beyond the
skip zone of up to IN and out to MS.  Beyond that (IL, LA) signals were pretty
good except for the Pacific North West where the signals were weak but
readable.  Have some kind of RF feedback with the zepp, which favors the
northest.  Was using it when KZ5D called and it hung the computer up and by the
time I could get it unkeyed and switch to the dipole, I had lost Art.  Very
sorry, Art.  80M sounded good for locals and DX out to CA and to W7WHY in OR.
160M sounded great and was able to work KS and MN easily as well as some closer
in stations.  Still missed a lot of jump balls on that band.  Thanks for the
QSOs.  CU in the NA Sprint SSB on Saturday night.  If anyone needs another team
member, please let me know as I'm not yet on a team.  73, John, K4BAI.