[3830] NA Sprint SSB KU5B(@NX5M) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, colin@ku5b.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB KU5B(@NX5M) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 20:15:45 -0800
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - February

Call: KU5B
Operator(s): KU5B
Station: NX5M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Somerville, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   53
   40:   58
   20:   58
---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Phreezing Sprinters

Comments:

Thanks to the other 6 gents for joining the team!

The last two hours were by far the MOST frustrating I've ever experienced.
There must've been something really strange going on between K7RI and
myself...he was consistently 10 over and never heard me on 80.

I made 2 q's in the last 20 minutes....super frustrating.

The difference between the SSB and CW version is like night and day. In CW I
found myself never running out of stations to work but I quickly exhausted that
luxury every time I changed bands this weekend. I did notice something pretty
interesting...I found that the same stations would bounce between a couple of
freqs as I had the bandmap up and would hear the station I worked there some
minutes before on that freq again. It seems like N6TV explained this in the
Webinar for CW but I really saw this practice put into use during the SSB bit.

But, after all that...it was fun! The first hour and a half were an absolute
blast.

Thanks for getting on everyone. My LAQP mobile plans fell through so I didn't
get a chance to give out that rare mult. I've made it VERY clear to my driver
(dad) that we're going mobile next year :)

Colin KU5B