[3830] RTTY WPX KR7X(@K7ZSD) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kr7x1@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX KR7X(@K7ZSD) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 18:54:14 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: KR7X
Operator(s): KR7X
Station: K7ZSD

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Radios: SO2R

   80:  145   350
   40:  431  1338
   20:  903  1942
   15:  370   625
   10:    0     0
-----------------
Total: 1849  4255  Prefixes = 678  Total Score = 2,884,890

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

The third RTTY Test for this season from Smoke Ranch Health Spa and Resort. The
hosts, Brad and Ruth, were at there hospitable best as always. Thanks again for
letting me mess up Valentines Weekend with this insanity.

This was the best showing by far of any RTTY operation here in the last two
years. Thanks to "ol Sol" for helping out this time. Conditions were fantistic
for once on Saturday and Sunday on 20 and 15 meters to keep things fun.

The goal was to best last years 1400+ qsos and 1.5 million points by 25%. The
sunspots sure helped the cause and I am very pleased with the results from up
here in the wilds of NW Oregon. The stations played well with no significant
issues with the equipment, 1 FT1000 Mk V and 1 K3 utilizing microHam MK2R+ SO2R
Controller with Win-Test. Next time will tryout N1MM as the contest software to
get a feel for how it performs on RTTY.

My thanks to all who stopped by to give a Q and to all the fine operators, both
old hands and new to rtty, without you and the sun we would be doing something
else. It was great fun and not too bad of a way to spend a weekend.

Ciao and 73

Hank / KR7X