[3830] RTTY WPX K2PO/7 SOSB/40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX K2PO/7 SOSB/40 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 07:53:24 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: K2PO/7
Operator(s): K2PO
Station: K2PO/7

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: Newberg, OR
Operating Time (hrs): 19

   80:
   40:  385  1306
   20:
   15:
   10:
-----------------
Total:  385  1306  Prefixes = 231  Total Score = 301,686

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Rig: TS-850, dipole at 40 ft

I knew I'd miss the sunspot-induced excitement on the upper bands due to
daytime conflicts, so did a 40m monoband nighttime effort.

This was my second time on RTTY.  The other effort was with another rig, and
another computer, and most of what I'd earlier learned I'd forgotten, so I
spent the first several hours rel-learning how to get the rig and MMTTY and
N1MM to play nicely.

Good run to Japan on Friday night.  Tried the same on Saturday night, only to
find continuous S7 popcorn-like QRN from 7010 to 7090.  The few stations above
that threshold were the big guns that I'd logged the night before.  So I gave
out some Qs on 80 and took several naps waiting for the noise to stop (which it
finally did, after 6:00 a.m. Sunday morning).

Total breakdown, 63% US, 18% JA, 4% VE, 4% Europeans.

Thanks to all for the Qs,  /Bill.