[3830] RTTY WPX P41YL(@P49V) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX P41YL(@P49V) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 14:58:21 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: P41YL
Operator(s): AI6YL,  AI6V
Station: P49V

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Aruba
Operating Time (hrs): 47

   80:   14     78
   40: 1132   6758
   20:  431   1287
   15:  873   2607
   10:   54    155
------------------
Total: 2504  10885  Prefixes = 782  Total Score = 8,512,070

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

First of all, Carl, P49V, wants to make it clear that he really didn't mean it
when he sent "88" as he was just relaying the message from Sue, the chief op.

Yes, the Cooks did their first Multi-single with Sue operating most of the
contest and Carl filling in when she needed a break.

We survived a stressful hour of computer down time when the logging program
wouldn't let us run in CQ mode on 20 meters but would function correctly on the
rest of the bands.  Also had an intermittent antenna failure that we suspect is
due to a faulty balun. Otherwise, the experience was a good one, especially for
the YL, who was thrilled to be operating with her hubby.

Nice to work Q's on both 15 and 10 which were impressively quiet and smooth for
running pileups. 80 didn't play well, so we focused on 40.

It's probably time for P40YL/P41YL to make the leap to assisted with packet,
etc., but it'll require some help from someone like W0YK as Carl has never used
a spotting network.

Great contest.  Good conditions.  Lots of action.  Thanks to all and CU in the
next test!  88 Sue (and "73" from Carl)