[3830] NCCC Sprint WI2E LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, joseph.obrien@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint WI2E LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 19:12:45 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - February 19

Call: WI2E
Operator(s): WI2E
Station: WI2E

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   5      5
   80:  18     15
   40:  11      7
   20:   0      0
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  34     27  Total Score = 918

Club:

Comments:

Well, this is getting to be more fun as I make my way back toward the 1k mark.
The two most exciting QSOs here were with K6VVA: the first (on 40M) as I
frantically tried to get my computer to do what I wanted and the second (on
80M) as I switched the RX array in to have Rick's signal leap up in my headset
and come booming through the local QRN. RX antennas can do amazing things in
the suburbs; I need more of them here.

Usually, I would have switched to 160M a little earlier than I did (0257Z), but
I spent most of the afternoon tromping around in knee deep snow, taking down my
40/80M dipole and erecting a 2 element 20M wire beam for this weekend.
Unfortunately, that meant I only had one antenna for 80/160M (the 80M
inverted-L) and things were going too well on 80M to leave.

Rigs: K3, TS-940S
Antennas: 80M-- quarter-wave inverted L; 40M-- Hy-gain AV-14AVQ vertical

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs.

Good luck to everyone in the DX CW this weekend!

73,

Joe
WI2E