[3830] ARRLDX CW N2FF SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2ff@optonlne.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N2FF SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 15:46:26 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N2FF
Operator(s): N2FF
Station: N2FF

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: East Wiliston, NY
Operating Time (hrs): 25

  160:   14    12
   80:   15    14
   40:  190    69
   20:  322    78
   15:  179    67
   10:   21    11
-------------------
Total:  741   251  Total Score = 557,973

Club: Order of Boiled Owls of New York

Comments:

Well, this was a good one! For the first time in many years I ahve QSO on all
six bands with 100 watts. User the 20M quad on ten and did not always have a
transmitter for 80. I was surprised how many guys there were with good ears on
10.  I did not expect to make any contacts there at all.  Nice surprise to get
11 mults. Bands were noisey at times. Moved to forty early on Saturday
afternoon and worked many stations on the first call.  The competition was not
yet there so my 100 watts and slooping dipole brought home the Q's.

The was a low power assisted effort wiht one sick radio on 80 meters. I am a
confessed packet pouncer who is always amazed at the guys and gals who can copy
my entire call the first time I send it. I was tired Sunday so I quit a half
hour early. I had 400 QSO's the frist day and could have had the same on Sunday
if I hung in there. It was nice to see the band map turn purple late Sunday.

Thanks for the 2010 memories.