[3830] ARRLDX CW N7RK/MOBILE SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N7RK@cox.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N7RK/MOBILE SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 17:29:25 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N7RK/MOBILE
Operator(s): N7RK
Station: N7RK

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Arizona
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

  160:
   80:
   40:  30     10
   20:  34     28
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  64     38  Total Score = 7,296

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Only had a few hours available for the contest so I operated mobile while
driving from Phoenix to Tucson and back on Saturday morning and than a half
hour while mobile in Phoenix on Sunday afternoon.

I am amazed how well this thing gets out on 40 considering my antenna- a $25
hamstick. I even managed to work a few long path stations on 40 besides the
usual JA, KH6 etc. Could have worked a lot more on 40 but logging was very
difficult since I was driving in darkness. I could not believe how loud the
Europeans were on 20 Saturday morning.

Rig: Icom IC-706 MKIIG 100 watts with an LDG Antenna Tuner
Antennas: 40 and 20 meter hamsticks on a license plate mount on my 1984 Volvo

Final note. When I told a few non-hams that I was working mobile CW, they said,
that's texting. And they still were not convinced after I explained, that my
eyes are on the road the whole time when I am sending, not on my key.

73,

Dave N7RK
Phoenix, Arizona