[3830] ARRLDX CW KO7X SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, alan_ut@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KO7X SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 17:35:40 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KO7X
Operator(s): KO7X
Station: KO7X

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Wyoming
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   24    18
   80:   71    32
   40:  158    56
   20:  245    65
   15:  197    62
   10:   43    15
-------------------
Total:  738   248  Total Score = 546,840

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

What a great weekend to spend on the air. Lots of activity and some juicy rare
countries found their way into the log - J2 (an all time new one), 5H, V5, and
TA. Meanwhile, the snow was falling outside - nearly a foot of snow on the
ground. This was one of my best efforts in the ARRL DX CW contest from Wyoming,
and thanks to the sunspot activity and good conditions, this was all done with
single element antennas - an inverted L (160/15), dipole (80/40) and a vertical
ground plane (20). There were plenty of big signals on the bands from locals and
DX alike. This was 99% S&P - my attempts at running were met with mostly silence
although a few stations called in. P49V, PJ2T, EF8M and 6Y1LZ were 6 band QSOs.
10 meters fizzled out - never even heard KH6 but KL7RA was very strong. Quite a
few south american stations on 10 as well. Managed a difficult QSO with EF8M on
10 meters, my only African QSO there. I heard 3 other Wyoming stations.