[3830] ARRLDX CW K8AJS SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jbastin@sssnet.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K8AJS SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 18:32:17 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 25:30

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  965    95
   10:
-------------------
Total:  965    95  Total Score = 275,025

Club:

Comments:

What a weekend! This is the best time I've had in a contest in years...:-)

After CQ WPX RTTY last weekend I said I hoped the conditions stayed as good as
they were for that one. Instead, they were better! This was a great weekend to
be doing Single-Op Single-Band on 15 meters, that's for sure. Friday night
wasn't exciting, but on both Saturday and Sunday the band opened at sunrise and
stayed open until after sunset. The only question was, what part of the world do
I want to point the antenna now?

It's seems like *many* years since I've been able to have a good JA run in the
evening, but this weekend I had one on *both* Saturday and Sunday evening, from
about an hour to an hour and a half before sunset until about an hour after
sunset. In total, I worked 104 JA stations, not a big deal to the big guns, but
to a "little pistol" in the Midwest, it was a real treat!

There are a few stations who think they're in my log, but they're not, because
after the exchange I asked them for a repeat of their number ("nr?", nr?"), but
they were already gone. I'm sorry, but sometimes there was QSB or QRN or QRM,
and if you're in too big a hurry to make sure your exchange completed
correctly, I can't keep you in the log.

Thanks to all the stations who heard me amd worked me, and apologies to those
that I couldn't hear. We'll get it done next time.

Rig: FT-1000MP, ALS-600 amp
Antenna: 3-el quad at 65 feet
Software: WriteLog 10.71c