[3830] ARRLDX CW NK7U M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW NK7U M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 07:38:24 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: NK7U
Operator(s): NK7U, W2VJN
Station: NK7U

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   68    44
   80:  219    53
   40:  524    93
   20:  828   107
   15:  584    98
   10:   47    24
-------------------
Total: 2282   417  Total Score = 2,839,770

Club:

Comments:

What a great week end!  We decided to do M/S as there were only 2 of us.  Our
goal was to keep the station on the air for all 48.  That turned out to be no
problem for a couple of hard core contesters.

One highlight was the Eu opening on 160 meters on Saturday evening.  There is
one type of propagation that occurs on the west coast infrequently.  The band
opens to Eu and there is no sign of any signals from the east coast.  Almost
every call produces a contact as if we are skipping right over.  I love it!

Another highlight was the 15 meter pile up on Saturday morning.  I have done a
fair amount of contesting from many places in the world, but this pile up was
bigger than any before.  So much so, that my rate was limited as it sounded
like one loud tone at every over.

On Sunday morning we had to stay on 40 a half hour past sun rise due to almost
exceeding the band change quota.  The long path to Eu was really hopping, so it
wasn't all bad.

Three FT 1000MPs, each on one high and one low band.
Three LK-800 amps.
Lots of very big antennas.

Many thanks to Joe and Sharon for their wonderful hospitality.

George, W2VJN