[3830] ARRLDX CW N6CY SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6cy@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N6CY SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 18:22:08 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N6CY
Operator(s): N6CY
Station: N6CY

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:   21    19
   80:  106    43
   40:  178    60
   20:  691    82
   15:  411    78
   10:   24    12
-------------------
Total: 1431   294  Total Score = 1,248,912

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks again to gracious host John Evans N3HBX for hosting me at Clarksburg MD.
Realized that I really don't know a strategy for working a DX contest from the
east coast, so just out to have fun! Think this is the first time (ever) I've
broken 1M points in a DX SO effort. Got the radios talking to the logging
program a couple hours into the contest :-) but the equipment worked
wonderfully. One of the antennas had a broken/hanging element so moved that
tower only three times during the contest. 80m not a big player for me. Slugged
it out on 20m and at one time Sunday afternoon commented that VK was coming in
louder than EU! 15m was fun until the west coast started besting me into
JA-land. 10m wasn't a productive band although gave it a try. My first single
op DX contest in quite a while. Had a blast!