[3830] NAQP RTTY NK7U M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7zo@cableone.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY NK7U M/2 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 22:46:06 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: NK7U
Operator(s): NK7U, K7ZO
Station: NK7U

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:  158    44
   40:  260    50
   20:  289    50
   15:  225    42
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  932   186  Total Score = 173,352

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Team:

Comments:

That was fun. Our first ever full NAQP RTTY.

Jumped off to an amazing start with a 170+ first hour. We figured we would blow
through 1,000 QSO's. But then each hour got less and less until we hit a low of
40 QSO's in the 22:00 hour. Things got better from there and we exceeded 100
again in the 03:00 hour before the inevitable decline the last two hours.
Relative to CW and SSB versions it didn't seem like as many stations were on
the air though those that were were active - we had many 3 and 4 banders.

For us 15M was great at the start and stayed open for several hours. From there
down though the bands seemed noisy with both QRN and QRM. It seemed like every
QSO was a struggle. Each mult on 80M was a major accomplishment.

This is our third RTTY contest this year at NK7U -- we are starting to get the
hang of it. Now time to start optimizing our setup for it. We will be back.

Scott/K7ZO