[3830] NAQP RTTY KC4HW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kc4hw@centurytel.net, wo4d@cfl.rr.net, contest@alabamacontestgroup.org
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY KC4HW Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 08:18:34 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: KC4HW
Operator(s): KC4HW
Station: KC4HW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   58    30
   40:  176    44
   20:  257    42
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  491   116  Total Score = 56,956

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

15M antenna still broke!

Not much of a 80m antenna, used the 160m inverted vee and tune it for 80m, I
was actually surprised that some heard me but most of them were in the Eastern
US!  The 20m and 40m antennas played very well.

I thought that activity might have been down.

Missed ME, MD and several VE providences.  Got KH6 late but understandable
given the situation that they faced earlier.  Worked DE and KS in the last 45
minutes.  Also thanks to AE1P for hanging in there with me on 80m for a NH
multiplier.  Worked several EUs (EA, G, IT9 and TA1) and 3 JAs also.  Don't
remember doing this before in NAQP, hadn't really played in the contest in
about 5 years, but was glad to have the DX activity.

No second radio still.  Hard to think that I will ever get that going
again--too many obstacles, WORK being the biggest one!

My high rate hour was 64 at 0000Z on 40m.  Also had a 61 and 62 hour rate on
20m at 2000Z and 2100Z  Not to much to brag about.  In the lower rate hours I
really did not take up the search for stations soon enough.  I tend to sit and
grid out those CQs, not allways the best thing to do!

OK, thanks to all for the QSOs.  Especially on 80m!

Next week is ARRL DX PH, but I am standing the booth for the Alabama Contest
Group/Alabama QSO Party at the Birmingham Hamfest on Saturday, so if you are
around, look for the booth.  We will be glad to see you!

Jim/KC4HW