[3830] CQ160 SSB VE6SF(@VE6JY) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve6jy@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB VE6SF(@VE6JY) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 20:00:22 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: VE6SF
Operator(s): VE6SF VE5FF VE5FN VE6XH VE6JY
Station: VE6JY

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Ab
Operating Time (hrs): 24

Total:  QSOs = 514  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 11  Total Score = 161,908

Club:

Comments:

Not great conditions but could have been worse too so reasonably pleased with
the results. The 4 square behaved well and we never used any of the beverages
or other antennas that were available.  Runs were short and a clear frequency
was hard to find so a lot of time and persistence was needed to get over the
500 qso mark. No mainland Eu heard at all either night, but Martti at CR2X was
worked easily and heard both nights at consistently workable levels.  Also
heard D4C calling other stations but couldn't connect. We managed to work most
of the Carrib/SAm dx that we heard.  La and Vt answered our early morning CQ's
for a clean sweep of all states. Didn't do so well for VE's as PEI, Nfld and
all the northern territories were not heard.

Really enjoyed the multiop comradery and socializing before, during and after
the contest.  Thanks to all for the q's.

73 Don
VE6JY