[3830] CQ160 SSB VE2DWA(LU7DW) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve2dwa@yahoo.ca
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB VE2DWA(LU7DW) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 07:34:04 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: VE2DWA
Operator(s): LU7DW
Station: VE2DWA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Aylmer QC
Operating Time (hrs): <16

Total:  QSOs = 717  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 30  Total Score = 314,700

Club:

Comments:

All reports sent were 59 QC, unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description: Yaesu FT-1000D, Ten Tec Titan (700 watts)

Antenna: Inverted L w/16 x 1/8 WL radials, EU Beverage 500 feet (100 feet under
the ice and snow)

PC Pentium 1 166 MHz (DOS), Software CT 10.04

I was planning to operate from VE3RM for 4th year in a row, but bad snow storm
keep me at home at last moment, as my station wasn't ready (I have all my stuff
packed in my car to go to RM) I started almost two hours later, as I know my
station isn't competitive with the big guns, I tried to have as much fun as
posible and put my target in made 500 QSOs from my home in SSB (I never did
that before from VE2), and I did it !.

Contest was a lot of fun instead I haven''t work a lot of DX (I need to improve
my RX), I've worked 58 VEs (but none VE8, VY0, VY1, VY2, VO1 neither VO2),
49 states (KH7 call me at my sunrise but KL7 was never heared) + DC, some EU
were on my log (RW2F was loudest all the contest) and working 3 LUs (LR2F
the strongest SA) made my weekend, I missed three mults that didn't copy me:
KP4, HI and PY0.

I had has to repair my amp Sunday at 3AM local time, I was some sleepy but the
stamina of the contest help me and the localization of the fault and repair
took me less than one hour, not to bad. It's worth to have almost every spare
part at home.

I've finished Sunday around 12 UTC after around 16 hours of operation not a lot
of effort but very happy with my score.

See you in ARRL SSB

73 de Claudio LU7DW-VE2DWA-VE3AP