[3830] NAQP RTTY W6ONV Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6onv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY W6ONV Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 19:08:00 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: W6ONV
Operator(s): W6ONV
Station: W6ONV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CM98DA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:   61    31
   40:   59    29
   20:  165    49
   15:   56    27
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  342   137  Total Score = 46,854

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team 2

Comments:

What a great time! This was the third RTTY contest (RTTY RU, WPX and NAQP) that
I have been able to put in a full effort as a single op. I started the contest
S&P on 15 and 20. From 20-21z and 21-22z I was able to establish runs on both
15 and 20M with a 40/hr followed by a 55/hr, which were the best rates I would
see during the contest.

I had planned on taking the final two hours of the contest off so working 190
straight were planned. I ended up taking 55 minutes off starting at 2335. I
came back on 40M, which did not last long. When the band went long I moved to
80.
I really need to improve my low band antenna (currently a SteppIR BigIR). The
band was terribly noisy and it seemed many of my calls to East Coast stations
went unanswered. I had hoped for better numbers on 40/80M, but must make due
with what was achieved.

I set my goal of 350 Qs and 125 Mults before the contest. While I didn't match
my Q number, the mults made up for those lost QSOs and I ended up besting my
goal by 3,104 points. All in all I had a good time and felt it was a success.
Thanks to all for the Q's! See you in the next RTTY contest.