[3830] CQ160 SSB EI7M Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, neilpowell1@eircom.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB EI7M Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 08:41:46 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: EI7M
Operator(s): EI3JE,EI3DP,EI8IR,EI3JZ/LY3MM,G4CLA,EI6BT
Station: EI7M

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: CORK
Operating Time (hrs): 31

Total:  QSOs = 1115  State/Prov = 37  Countries = 74  Total Score = 774,336

Club:

Comments:

After suffering for a long time with an electrical noise source we managed to
track it down to a 220KV power line some 5 miles away!
With the assistance of a local ham, the power company managed to rectify the
problem fairly quickly, for which we are grateful.

We made a decision now our noise source had disappeared to improve our beverage
receiving and distrubution system, unfortunately this wasn't ready for the CW
leg but a big effort was made to get it ready for SSB but it had not been
tested as much as we would have liked before hand.

We found the Conditions were good the first night with a steady stream of NA's
calling, not so good the second night but still a good number calling.

We ended up working just under 300 NA stations.

A surprise was our new beverage to south America, it was so quiet that we did
think it wasn't working properly but we worked quite a number of south
Americans including PY0F and several LU's which was great.

We had 221 DLs in the log, what would we do without them!!

Low Points were hearing a few states but not being able to work these, one
especially was W1CEM in KS who was very loud and just CQ'ing in our face even
after several attempts we missed KS.

High Points were the performance of our receiving system which seemed to work
well, also being called by VO1HP in the last few minutes of the contest for a
new mult NF.

Thanks to all who called and the hard work of the guys this end to get us ready
and also to those who travelled to be with us.

See you on the next one.

EI7M.