[3830] ARRLDX SSB W4IX SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jrcccd@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W4IX SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 16:52:28 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4IX
Operator(s): W4IX
Station: W4IX

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 35

  160:   23    19
   80:   74    46
   40:  121    63
   20:  524    88
   15:  287    75
   10:   54    10
-------------------
Total: 1083   301  Total Score = 977,949

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

OK that was fun..It really is a fight working this contest with low power and
small antennas, but I guess thats what I do. 32 of the 35 hours were S&P only.
I just could not get a run going on any band until late Sunday on 20 meters and
that was difficult too. The best run I had was when I was calling om 14230 and
Listening on 14127, it was so clear I loved it. 10 never really got going here.
Even the normal SA path was weak, but did snag a few close in ones on Saturday.
15 was pretty goodto Europe on both days but the activity still seemed a little
low, but the JA opening was awesome here on Sat. nite. Was amazed to work some
hard to get mults that I never worked before with low power ( XU7, JT1, BX5,
HS0, ST2, AND 7Z1 ) to name a few. 20 meters was definitely the work horse
here, but you all know the deal with that, band is crowded enough for a LP
station to get anything going. Was surprised when HZ1PS called in. 40 was also
crowded and tuff for me with a small inv. V antennas at 40 feet but still
produced some nice mult counts. The 80 meter inv. L played well on 80, I just
got there late to get more mults. Was nice to get 3 JA's on 80.
 160 was ok when I went there, I had just put up a horizontal dipole on the
same feedline as my 40 meter V ( looked like a bowtie ). I also got to 160 late
on Friday nite and missed some Eu mults. I had no problem working the guys in
the Caribbean. Surprised me to get KL7 and KH7 with the dipole and about 90
watts. I took off 8 1/2 hours on Sat. nite to get some rest for my next
upcoming road trip to Philly. 73's to all and thanks for the Q's. It really
amazes me that when I hear a station running a KW on a noisy band and not even
moving the Meter that so many stations can get my call pretty quick even
running 100 watts and small antennas. It seems like some of the stronger guys
have more trouble getting it right hi hi!!  Cu all from NQ4I in the CQWPX SSB
Contest at the end of the month.....W4IX