[3830] ARRLDX SSB K6AM SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K6AM SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 17:13:32 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K6AM
Operator(s): K6AM
Station: K6AM

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 34
Radios: SO2R

  160:    6     4
   80:   31    21
   40:   85    40
   20:  325    80
   15:  262    55
   10:   36     5
-------------------
Total:  745   205  Total Score = 458,175

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

What a difference two years makes!

More than doubled my score from 2008.  I'm sure the guys ahead of me did too so
the standings should remain about the same.

20 opened big time to EU early both days and stayed wall to wall all day and
late into the night. It was a struggle in most cases with low power and a
tribander, but I eventually worked everyone I heard.

15 was open to EU for a couple of hours in the morning but only the big guns
were heard.  4O3A was the winner here.  Some wierd paths with ST2AR, and
several middle east stations popping up for a few minutes.  SA and the Carib
were open all day and we ran out of stations to work early.  Big surprise was
when KH9 called in and went to 20 with me.

Only a couple of hours on 10 to SA, but no Caribbean so only worked 5 mults.

Having just done the CW contest from ZF2AM, this was a completely different
game from the west coast.  I believe I prefer ZF.

Thanks to all for pulling my weak signal out of the mess.

73,

John, K6AM/ZF2AM