[3830] CQ160 SSB N2CW Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB N2CW Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 10:22:46 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: N2CW
Operator(s): N2OO, K2RET, W2CG, W2ARP, W2OB, W2FA, W2RDM, K2SZ, KB2M, N2OZ,
N2HM, KE2OI, WEBER.
Station: N2CW

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: West Creek, NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 40

Total:  QSOs = 1173  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 55  Total Score = 412,272

Club: South Jersey DX Association

Comments:

This year, Murphy visited our contest site on Murphy Drive before we arrived.
First, a snowstorm forced us to delay our arrival at the site on Friday. Then,
upon arriving we discovered that ALL 3 of our transmit antennas were DOWN. We
use two slopers hung at the 200 foot level of the tower. We were able to
rebuild our NE sloper. However our SW sloper was tangled in the tower guy wires
at around 200 feet. We decided to utilize an existing second delta loop
reflector as our temporary SW transmit antenna. Our 3rd transmit antenna at the
site is a wire vertical dipole and it too was not repairable at the time. We had
no time to walk any of our beverages and it seemed that the NE one had issues
but it worked OK enough to march forward. With only 5 minutes to spare, we were
on the air at the start of the contest, although we were using compromised
antennas. Conditions were best Friday evening with many EU in the log. Saturday
evening was OK but not great. Even though we had a compromised antenna situation
at the site, we still managed to break our own record for score. It seems that
our team is getting better every year! Overall, this was one of the most fun
contests from the site (WYRS FM) that we share with the W2GD 160 contest crew.
TNX must go to WYRS for their continued support!