[3830] NCCC Sprint NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 19:19:12 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint - March 12

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   1      1
   80:   7      6
   40:  18     14
   20:   7      6
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  33     27  Total Score = 891

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Using a different radio, a Kenwood TS-2000 tonight, sorry for
delays and mistakes as I had to find the buttons in new places
than the 'ole MP. I got it patched into the station pretty easy,
but I haven't figured out all the filters and features yet.

20m had good signals, but people left pretty quick.

40m was its usual great condition, lots of Qs and Mults.

80m was either really noisy, or I had something set wrong on
the new radio, it was a real struggle to copy people here.
Many thanks to those people who copied my QRP signals.

I barely saved a minute for 160m, and heard at least three people,
but N6RO finished calling CQ NS first, so I called him and got 1x1.

Heard the KP2, heard lots of others I didn't work, so activity was fine.

Overall, I think the new radio was fine, just the operator needs a little
practice. Still in pursuit of 1,000 pts while QRP.

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO op)

160m: Inverted L over metal garage roof.
80m: Half-sloper from 60ft
40m: Force 12 Delta 240 at 78ft
20m-10m: C-31XR at 71ft.
Kenwood TS-2000 turned down to 5 watts.