[3830] Commonwealth VA7ST Open-12 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth VA7ST Open-12 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 11:34:57 -0700

Total:  186  Total Score = 2,525

Club:

Comments:

* FT2000 + SB221
* N1MM Logger 10.3.2
* 3-element SteppIR at 27'
* 40M SteppIR dipole at 27'
* 80M 2-element vertical array

Once again, this was a casual operation though I did get up at 2 a.m. and
logged 36 stations over the first two hours on 80M and 40M.

I got on for a 1600-1800z Eu 20M opening, which was better than previous years
but not as hot as it has been some weekends this year. After that, I was on and
off through the day and evening with just under 6 hours total. Was able to get a
trickle of 20M G activity most of the time I was on during the day and even in
the evening here.

Got a few VE/Caribbean BERU stations on 15M but nothing from over the pole. A
handful ZLs and no VKs there. Expected better DX conditions with flux finally
reaching 90 after a couple of flat weeks on 15M. Sure got spoiled by that
awesome 15M Eu opening in ARRL DX CW.

Thrilled to have V51YJ Namibia call in on 40M on Saturday evening. And it was
great to work G4TSH and GM3POI on 40M when nothing else was heard from over the
pole. Early morning provided strong VK and ZL signals, but not a lot of
stations.

 Band     QSOs     Pts
   3.5      19     330
     7      46     910
    14     105     945
    21      16     340
 Total     186    2525
Score: 2,525

Previous years running high power...

Year       Qs   Points
-------------------------
March-10  186   2,525  HP 5.5 hrs
March-09  149   2,125  HP
March-08  117   1,545  HP
March-07  190   1,850  HP

I finished well ahead of previous years but nowhere near the totals from
elsewhere in the country. Should have cranked up the tower and put in more
time.

Thanks for the contacts. Looking forward to BARTG HF RTTY and Russian DX next
weekend.

-- Bud.