[3830] Rus DX KM7W(KL9A) SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX KM7W(KL9A) SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 11:28:18 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: KM7W
Operator(s): KL9A
Station: KM7W

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Bonners Ferry, ID
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

  160:
   80:   11               2         0
   40:   14               6         2
   20:   76              12        19
   15:
   10:
Total:  101     0        20        21  Total Score = 24,723

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Portable operation from the in-laws house.  Thought I was going to be here for
WPX SSB, but I had my weekends screwed up.

Woke up for the start, and really couldn't work or hear much.  I went back to
bed with my alarm set for sunrise.  Made an executive decision to sleep in and
go fishing later. (The fishing was good.)

Hit the evening polar opening on 20, which wasn't too bad.  Worked VU2PAI,
A65CA for some nice DX.  Many of the UA's were incredibly loud!!!

Congrats to RM3F, RX3APM, and DL1A for hearing me on 40.  Next step is getting
a real radial system for the vertical.

This made me crave the days from KL7 when we had sunspots and RDXC was a major
rate fest!

73,
Chris KL9A

HF6V + Spiderbeam