[3830] Rus DX MJ0CFW(JK3GAD) SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jk3gad@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] Rus DX MJ0CFW(JK3GAD) SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 10:13:32 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: MJ0CFW
Operator(s): JK3GAD
Station: GJ3DVC

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: Jersey
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:    33     0       12         0
   80:   175     6       34        18
   40:   361    15       45        45
   20:   192   239       40        53
   15:   252   177       26        55
   10:     1     1        2         0
Total:  1014   438      159       171  Total Score = 2,970,660

Club:

Comments:

Equipment used : K3 + FT1000MP MKV Field, 160/80/40m DP and Tribander. NO
PACKET.
Win-test ver 4.40

I initially plan this contest for preparation for upcoming WRTC 2010, because
this is mixed-mode 24 hours only contest, similar to WRTC. Unfortunately Jun
JH4RHF canceled his trip to Jersey at the last minute due to BA strike. Luckily
London - Jersey service was unaffected so I decided to do SO2R. The club
station, GJ3DVC (GJ2A during major contest), has similar antenna for WRTC
operation. It was also good practice for packing everything I need very
carefully as airline baggage policy nowadays became very strict. :-(

10m was open only for Africa and South America.
15m was open to Russia but not EU. I was surprised how many Russian station
were participating as someone called me every time I felt I need to QSY to
another band.
160 and 80 were tough band as DP antenna is so low and not a full size antenna.
However, it is good practice for WRTC as we cannot expect much on 80m low power
operation. Got some nice run, though, I guess someone spotted me.
Towards end of the contest, I need to make SSB QSO rather than CW because I
should have at least 30% in either CW or SSB mode as WRTC rule states. This was
not a big problem once I realized I can get quite nice run on 20m SSB even in
low power, probably because of my GJ callsign. Therefore I need to think more
carefully about mixture of SSB and CW QSOs at WRTC.

Many thanks to club members to let me use the station!

73 de Kazu  JK3GAD/M0CFW

QSL via LoTW or M0CFW (I just put detail in QRZ.COM)