[3830] WPX SSB UA9BA(@RW9AW) SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ua9ba@mail.ru
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB UA9BA(@RW9AW) SOAB QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 23:01:09 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: UA9BA
Operator(s): UA9BA
Station: RW9AW

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Dolgoderevenskoiye
Operating Time (hrs): 21.5

------------
  160:    2
   80:   26
   40:  170
   20:  208
   15:  170
   10:
------------

Club: Ural Contest Groupe

Comments:

Yeah! I agree with Danny K7SS - "Life is too short for QRP!" I was going to
operate fm UP2L but the leisure and business plans didn't match this time, so
decided to try QRP from a average+ station to get the feeling for the QRP
category. I went to my good friend Walter RW9AW for this one. Walter has a few
monoband antennas and that's what I wanted for this QRP adventure. So, I had a
brand new K3 (5.0 Watts on its meter all the way through, and I hope the meter
is correct) for the radio and for the antennas I had a 160m sloper, 80m
rotating dipole (a gamma matched boom of a 3L40), 3L40, 5L20, 5L15 all @30 mh.
I just couldn't stand the torque, so I qiut in the middle of the contest. Never
again will I go QRP! Too boring.  One good thing about this experience, though.
I now have a good knowledge of what's to be expected from a QRP entry from UA9A
land. And I already know that many while claiming QRP are not small at all!
There are many many good ears and ops out there so I salute to them and thank
them for the patience! Those that never heard me they even don't know they
didn't, so God bless you all!
73's & GL, Willy UA9BA