[3830] WPX SSB ZY7C(@PT7CB) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, py8azt@dxbrasil.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB ZY7C(@PT7CB) M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 05:59:46 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: ZY7C
Operator(s): PT7CB, PT7WA, PT7YV, PT7ZAP, PY1NX, PY7RP, PY8AZT
Station: PT7CB

Class: M/2 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:    1
   80:  328
   40: 1287
   20: 2264
   15: 3114
   10:  796
------------

Club: Fortaleza DX Group

Comments:

Hi everybody, WHAT A CONTEST!

Nope a Single Problem! Just a power failure for 3 seconds (hi hi) sunday
morning and all got back again.

We figured out very soon that our target (30M pts) gonna be vanished soon.
First night was productive on 40m, while the log had been feeded by  20/15m
surprised good after local midnight. At sunrise, we were 600Qs ahead target!

Day 1 morning, 10m band was wide open, but not to populated area (EU/NA). Many
9M, 9K, A71, YB, and some EA8/CT9 etc got into the log, but not signs from
Europe.

Day 1 Afternoon, we got big signals from Europe and North America and the
crowded bands affected rate a lot and it was hard finding a clear spot to run.

After 24h, We start to rethink the numbers when 10m opened to a large area - we
started to work EU/NA on same basis. BIG, I mean, very BIG signs coming from
everywhere and the 10m band got crowded (I love say that!). In south Brazil,
10m isn't that bad, but here (-3 degrees South) 10m was dead and stinking. We
spend almost 5h with great rates on 28MHz, until a late QSY to 20m.

Few hours to finnish, we set a new target: 45 millions. We worked very hard to
get it, but 2359z came very fast and there was not time to get HC8N record.

Good conditions and more fish into the barrel delivered a amazing time on CQ
WPX Contest for everybody. Congrats friends from LP1H and PJ2T for very nice
score, but this time we got it!

Thank everybody for all QSOs. See you again on next Contest!!

73, ZY7C Team
PT7CB, PT7WA, PT7YV, PT7ZAP, PY1NX, PY7RP, PY8AZT