[3830] WPX SSB IW1QN SOSB20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, iw1qn@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB IW1QN SOSB20 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:24:56 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: IW1QN
Operator(s): IW1QN
Station: IW1QN

Class: SOSB20 LP
QTH: JN44KK - Genoa
Operating Time (hrs): 35

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:    0
   20:  810
   15:    0
   10:    0
------------

Club: AceHigh DX Team

Comments:

What a Contest!!!!!!
I decided to make the Contest like SOAB LP but a problem at 2Utc to my Coaxial
Switch not permitted to work with Dipole 40m and 80m.
Sincerelly at this time I not decide to solder and WithPut make QSO I wait
Morning and near 4 Utc I start the Contest like SOSB 20m LP.

Good Propagation, I decided, respect the last year to anticipate my beam to VK
via Long Path about 1 Hour and It'a Good Idea.
At 6Utc first VK via LP with Good Signal and in 2 Days i Make QSO with 30VK and
10ZL always via LP.

Very happy to make QSO in particular with 2 VK Station:

VK3HJA/M
VK2FTZ/QRP

Signal of this 2 VK Station Always S9!!!!!!!

Strong Signal for all 2 Days from all Direction, and also during the Night
arrive Asia and Oceania without problem.

Respect other Contest I haven' t make a Lot of QSO with JA and in 2 days only 6
Station, normally 15/20 JA in minor Contest.
Also USA station about 140, normaly 300 in CQWW Test, but in this CQWW WPX good
QSO with West Coast and Zone 7 (for me not easy) especially NV,MT,OR, but in
this Contest Always good and Strong Signal from W6, W7.

I'm satisfied, because I make about 768096 points, and I gain 160000 points
respect last Year, surely using the 2° VFO + Dualwatch om my ProIII to sarch
Multiplier.

I'm not happy with a strange Man, from different time I used a Frequency and
arrived a men that say to me that is not interested in Contest and He use this
Frequency all day ( I don' t remeber the Frequency), and Start with
Sovramodulated all Station and then make a lot of Interference in RTTY, AM, CW

and so I decided to change Frequency.

For the 1° Time I use Win-Test and works very very Well.
Set is the same, Ic-756 ProIII e 3Elem SteppIR.
73 de IW1QN Federico
UX5UO Print Italian Reference

iw1qn@arrl.net
iw1qn@strangeradioteam.com