[3830] WPX SSB KK7OO(@KL7OO) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KK7OO(@KL7OO) M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 16:48:27 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KK7OO
Operator(s): KL7OO N7RO N7BT KW7XX
Station: KL7OO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: WWA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:   20
   80:  516
   40:  771
   20: 1195
   15: 1110
   10:   46
------------

Club:

Comments:

Had a fun time.  It's hard to compete against the monster stations, but it was
fun, we all got a little better and we can't wait for the next contest.

We never really got the rates up where we wanted them.  Not a single EU contact
on 15 although the band was pretty good for us elsewhere.  10m openings to the
big stations in SA, but not much else.  The QRM on 20 and 40 made it very tough
to keep a frequency (or put it to any real use if we were there for a while.)
Got great signal reports from some big European stations, but couldn't
translate that into a good rate with the lower power stations.

Only one antenna malfunction, but it cost us nearly an hour...damn you eBay and
your cheap coax adapters...luckily this one was on the ground!

Thanks to all the casual stations out there handing out Q's.  We worked lots of
guys with fewer than 20 contacts and we tried to thank and encourage them when
we could...they amounted for a lot of our points on Sunday.