[3830] WPX SSB GI5K(MI0LLL) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB GI5K(MI0LLL) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 03:54:50 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: GI5K
Operator(s): MI0LLL
Station: MI0LLL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:    0
   80:  448
   40: 1081
   20: 2310
   15:  286
   10:    0
------------

Club:

Comments:

Following on from last years success I could not resist putting in another
serious all band effort.
Once again all antenna work was done bar 160m and 10m antennas which I knew I
would not need so I did not bother with them, several hardware improvements has
taken place since last year but it was mother nature that give me the largest
boost.

Using the previous years log was very handy to use as a game plan to operate
only on the hours where I obtained the most points (not q totals), and play it
by ear, the only exception to this was when I operated on Sunday morning on 20m
for a couple of hours with mainly EU and Asian stations to increase my prefix
totals.

Overall conditions was excellent, I never had runs like it into NA on 40m, and
with 20m opening late it was a large bonus to the score.
Although 15m was open it was not producing the q rate per hour as on 20m
towards NA which is where I attempted to stay.
One bonus was I learnt how to pronounce the digit 8 (Wow big deal!) in an
international way which plagued me last year.
Well done to Jiri OK1RI for retaining the SOAB EU record as past 9 years.
Seeing E7DX / OE1EMS massive claimed score, well done to him on an excellent
new record, I am left wondering if he has once again accidentally submitted to
the wrong category.

73â??s

Chris MI0LLL / GI5K