[3830] JIDX CW VK6DXI SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] JIDX CW VK6DXI SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 03:37:42 -0700
                    JIDX CW Contest

Call: VK6DXI
Operator(s): VK6DXI
Station: VK6DXI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Nr Perth
Operating Time (hrs): 31

  160:    5     5
   80:   17    15
   40:   97    32
   20:  125    33
   15:  225    38
   10:  116    31
-------------------
Total:  585   154  Total Score = 112,882

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

My last participation in this contest was in 2007.

By comparison to 2007, it seems lower bands were traded off for upper ones.
160m and 80m bands were very noisy. 80m was a disappointment. 40m was tough
going. But finally 15m and 10m gave a bit of "fresh air". 10m stayed opened for
some time, but only few JA's took advantage of it.

I managed to improve my personal best by some 40% with exactly the same set up
as 3 years ago.

With upper bands improving, there will be more fun in this contest in years to
come.