[3830] MiQP OM2VL(@OM8A) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, totya@zsmkomds.edu.sk
Subject: [3830] MiQP OM2VL(@OM8A) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 13:24:02 -0700
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: OM2VL
Operator(s): OM2VL
Station: OM8A

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Okoc
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:   22      0
   40:   30     10
   20:   63     79
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  115     89  CW Mults = 58  Ph Mults = 41  Total Score = 31,581

Club:

Comments:

My second MI QP - great contest. In 2008 I had 142 QSO, 90 MULTI, 22.140pts
total and 65 different counties - worked mostly on CW. This year I was
hesitating about the way of contesting: worked mostly on CW and get ROVERS from
the moust possible counties or exchange CW and SSB allthough I knew the risc of
this way (missing some counties on CW). I decided for the second way, and I
think that was the right decission. On 20m answered on my CQ on SSB many
stations from Michigan, and I got also multipliers. Of course when I was on SSB
missed some (or many :) ..., I dont know )rovers. Worked total 79 stations on
20m SSB. Sometimes I had a little pileup. I think 49 multipliers on SSB are so
good. Somebody told me that many stations are on 40m when I CQed on 20m SSB, I
tried 40m, but I dont heard any station .... :(( so I back on 20m. My first
contact on 40m (when closed 20m!) was at 2335Z and on 80m at 0008Z. 40m was not
so good and changed 40m and 80m. Sometimes I ll tired 40m SSB and made 10 QSO,
but missed many stations worked over 7200.... I can work only until 7200. 80m
was excellent. 80m SSB I dont tired because I can work only until 3800 and
stations from MI worked under 3800. But on CW made 22 QSO and also 9
multipliers. I made QSO with all stations which I heard on 80m, only once had
some problem make QSO : K8IR/M from ALPE cty called 15min, but at the end we
made QSO :) I think he had big pileup from the USA.

TOP ROVERS:

 NE9U/M 16/9 (QSO/CTY)
 K8IR/M 15/12
 K8MR/M 12/10
 N9NE/M  5/3
W8CAR/M  4/4
WI9WI/M  2/2

Worked with 64 different counties. (1 less than in 2008)

1.      ALCO
2.      ALGE
3.      ALPE
4.      ANTR
5.      BARA
6.      BARR
7.      BAY
8.      BENZ
9.      BERR
10.     BRAN
11.     CASS
12.     DELT
13.     DICK
14.     EATO
15.     GENE
16.     GOGE
17.     GRAT
18.     GRTR
19.     HILL
20.     HOUG
21.     HURO
22.     CHAR
23.     CHIP
24.     INGH
25.     IONI
26.     IOSC
27.     IRON
28.     JACK
29.     KALK
30.     KENT
31.     KEWE
32.     KZOO
33.     LAPE
34.     LEEL
35.     LENA
36.     LIVI
37.     LUCE
38.     MACK
39.     MACO
40.     MARQ
41.     MECO
42.     MIDL
43.     MISS
44.     MTMO
45.     MUSK
46.     NEWA
47.     OAKL
48.     OGEM
49.     ONTO
50.     OSCE
51.     OSCO
52.     OTSE
53.     OTTA
54.     PRES
55.     ROSC
56.     SAGI
57.     SANI
58.     SHIA
59.     STCL
60.     STJO
61.     TUSC
62.     VANB
63.     WASH
64.     WAYN

Thanks a lot for the nice contacts and a FB contest. Please QSL cards for my US
County award.

My working condx:

TCVR: IC7700 + OM3500 amplifier
ANT: