[3830] OnQP VA3RAC/R(VE3CRU) Mobile Solo Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3cru@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] OnQP VA3RAC/R(VE3CRU) Mobile Solo Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 08:17:53 -0700
                    Ontario QSO Party

Call: VA3RAC/R
Operator(s): VE3CRU
Station: VA3RAC/R

Class: Mobile Solo Op LP
QTH: 10 counties
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    1      1      2
   80:    7     25     31
   40:    6     11     17
   20:   11     16     26
   15:    3      4      7
   10:    4     11     15
    6:    0      5      4
    2:    0     62     35
---------------------------
Total:   32    135    137  Total Score = 31,496

Club:

Comments:

Lack of prop made this contest very challenging, and I am surprised to see the
score only 2,000 less than last year.  VE3's at times were either not heard, or
unable to copy even if heard well.  In KAW nabbed my only 10 point qso, with
VA3CCO.  In NOR/PET not one VE3 was heard, only got 1 US and 3 DX. The
tri-county line as always got lots of qso's, with very cold rain making whip
changing difficult.  Worked VA3CDU/R at this location.  Home at 12:30, charging
batteries till 2:30 as vhf 250A bank at 40% of capacity and the 300A bank for hf
was 60% of capacity.

Sunday, left for PEL at 7, there before 8, was good for qso's, (worked
VE3KKP/R), which tapered off to be successively less in HTN, WEL and HAM.
Also got VE3KKP/R in HTN.  Batteries 30% of capacity at end vhf and 60% for hf,
should have swapped banks to stabilize the load.  Next year.

Many thank to CCO for sponsoring the contest, and to all who participated and
gave out points including those I was fortunate to work.

Thanks also to RAC for allowing me the privilege of representing them in the
contest.

Was fun.

73,

Bill   VA3RAC/R .................now VE3CRU