[3830] FlQP VE4EAR SOABMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP VE4EAR SOABMixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 08:26:26 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: VE4EAR
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4EAR

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   40:   58      8
   20:  252     45
   15:   11      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  321     53  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 31  Total Score = 136,220

Club:

Comments:

Surprisingly poor conditions. Signals to/from FL were best at sunrise and
sunset. Unfortunately, this was the same time when the mobiles were focused on
40m. 15m showed only minimal spurts of live with only a few base operations
heard. Did hear W1NN/m once but right at the noise level.

The mobiles in this QSO party are just fantastic, great operators and truly
great signals from these stations.

AD4ES/m    6
K4KG/m     26
K4O/m      15
K4OJ/m     12
K5YAA/m    15
KC4HW/m    4
N4AO/m     16
N4EEB/m    25
N4O/m      28
N4PJ/m     16
NF4A/m     9
NX4N/m     3
W1NN/m     17
W4AN/m     21
W4MY/m     20
W4ZW/m     6

The most common county on CW - Sumter with 14.
The rarest counties with 1 each were Monroe and Holmes.

On SSB tey were all rare it seems, but the most common one was Pasco. I wan't
able to find many stations that were running on 20 or 15 on SSB. My pattern was
to sweep through the CW portion of the band, work all the mobiles and then move
to SSB and do a quick sweep. I didn't try running perhaps that would have
helped.

Everywhere I went I was hearing strong signals from VE3DX, VE3DZ and VE1RGB and
CT1LT. Evidently east-west propagation was better than north-south. They also
kept beating me in the pileups!

Great fun and especially a huge thank you to the mobile ops, it wouldn't be the
same without you.

Ed
VE4EAr