[3830] FlQP W1ZM(K0EJ) SOABMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0ej@juno.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP W1ZM(K0EJ) SOABMixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 10:00:55 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: W1ZM
Operator(s): K0EJ
Station: W1ZM

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH: Pasco
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   40:   32
   20:  242    544
   15:   11
   10:
--------------------
Total:  285    544  CW Mults = 57  Ph Mults = 67  Total Score = 138,136

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

My wife and I decided to pay a short visit with my dad (W1ZM) at his New Port
Richey digs - conveniently timed to coincide with the FLQP. At the start of the
contest, we were in PINnelas county at a church picnic. We had a rig, antenna,
and mike but no power so we just ate, drank, and played bocce ball. Fired up
the rig when we returned to his home in PASco. Jerry decided to let me play
while he watched, napped, puttered around the house, or watched his TB Rays
play baseball. 20M was definitely THE place to be. Ran a TS950SDX and SB220 on
SSB to a vertical but RF was getting in the keyer line so all CW Qs were made
barefoot. Good sigs on 40 and 15 - just couldn't get much going there. Didn't
have a voicekeyer nor computer keying. Got hand cramps from the hand mike and
haven't sent that much paddle CW (especially with a non-iambic paddle) in a
V-E-R-Y long time (sorry for the missing/extra dits!). Great activity, fun
time, need to do it again! Not sure what mults were missed per mode but
remember all states except KL7 and UT and no VE5 or VE8/VY1.

73 es tnx to all who said Hi to Jerry!!

Mark K0EJ