[3830] NewEngQP W1UE(@K1LZ) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ue@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP W1UE(@K1LZ) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 03:24:24 -0700
                    New England QSO Party

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: K1LZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NORMA
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Radios: SO2R

   80:     149      27
   40:     385     204
   20:     442     242
   15:      93      10
   10:       5       0
------------------------
Total:    1074     483  Mults = 101  Total Score = 265,731

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

One of these years we may even get even good propagation for this contest, but
it definitely didn't happen this year!  15M never really opened to anywhere;
the only reason I had more than a few Qs there was the 2nd radio.  All the 10M
QSOs, were QSYs, with N8II actually moving me to work WV there.  Even those I
did work on 15M were pee-weak.  80M was quite noisy, and got worse Sunday as
the thunderstorms approached.  There was also quite a drop-off in activity when
the ARI contest ended when all the crowds of Europeans suddenly disappeared and
it became even more challenging to keep the rate up.

This is an excellent contest to practice SO2R dual-Cqing, which I did probably
75% of the time.  Being on 2 bands at the same time helps keep the rate up, and
gives the op something to do.

Thanks to everyone for the Qs, and a great big thanks to Krassy K1LZ for the
use of his KB station!

Dennis W1UE