[3830] NewEngQP W1WBB Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wbliss1@cox.net
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP W1WBB Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 06:23:15 -0700
                    New England QSO Party

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NEWport cty, RI
Operating Time (hrs): ~ 13

   80:    109
   40:    131       13
   20:    180       18
   15:     16
   10:
------------------------
Total:    436       31  Mults = 67  Total Score = 60,501

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

This is a great event to practice "running a frequency", especially as an
in-state participant.  I enjoyed doing that quite a bit this weekend.

Murphy struck early this week with sustained high winds bringing down my 10-80m
OCF dipole due to a broken wooden antenna support...emergency repairs were made
but still has the aerial 25% lower at < 30'.  Still worked quite well,
particularly close-in domestic contacts.

Band condx were decent Sat. but the A-index jumped to well over 20 Sun. AM and
the high bands really suffered.  Stayed busy making S&P Q's with the 7 Area and
IN QSO Party ops, as well as a few MARAC County Hunters and ARI Contest
participants for mults.

Nice to have M6GAS/m (!) call me on 20m for a new mult.  Cool to work Nantucket
Island MA in rare NANMA (tnx W1NQT) for the first time ever.

I was amazed to work so many other New England stns, particularly on the high
bands.  N1MM Logger shows 44 of 67 NE counties contacted...worked most of the
W1 mobiles in the last hour or so - K1KI/M, NE1QP/m, WA1Z/m and W1QK...great
job!

Nice to work so many familiar Thurs nite NS ops...thanks to all for the
contacts.  I appreciate the patience (.-...) {!} during occasional keyboard
mishaps on CW causing unwanted/locked-up screen views and therefore resorting
to temporary paddle keying.  I'm improving on handling these miscues.

73,  Bill  W1WBB