[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6zfo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 21:06:53 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 7

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.500

  160:   0      0
   80:   9      5
   40:  20     15
   20:  19     15
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  48     35  Total Score = 1,680

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Close to 50, maybe next time.  But record score and the pace was exhilarating.
In the last few minutes skip on 40 changed dramatically, allowing Q's with
W7WHY and KI7Y and, amazingly, with several stns in Bay Area, including the
Locust.

To my complete surprise, 80m was productive in the last 5 mins, ending with a
QSO, 3rd band, with Art, KZ5D.  Have to keep things vigorous to fend of Tom,
N3ZZ who is again on my tail.  I'm just not sure we should let a non-owner of a
winery and/or vineyard into the top four in NCCC :-).  Maybe Tom will plant some
grapes soon.

Some new calls .  can't remember all, but glad to see N4EEB, KW8N, KN5H others,
including a surprise QSO on 80m with our own Jerry (Jer) K6III, and the welcome
return of Karl, n8na.  And thanks to NG7M we have a regular UT mult.  The
Canadians seem to have given up on us.

Tonight's effort produced an n6zfo record score by 100 points.

Sorry won't be seeing you in Dayton next week, but other activities have
emerged.

Thanks for all the Q's tonight.