[3830] Bias & Alpha 91b

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Bias & Alpha 91b
From: "Jeff Le Fouler - F6AOJ" <f6aoj@orange.fr>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 17:25:58 +0200
Hi,

a friend bring me an amplifier for repair :

ETO alpha 91b with a pair of GU74 new (not nos)

Screen circuit is now completely rebuit :

- all semiconductors and resistors replaced

- Fuse inserted in 430v

in order to prevent a new pcb fire under resistors.

- 360v is now perfectly stable

Output power go up to 1500w,

but it require 100w input, usualy 50w do the job,

this is the last problem.

Bias circuits include 3 potentiometers :

- R61 Bias adjust

- R62 EBS adjust

- R41 EBS level

Depending of bias adjustments gain rise.

I am looking for a serious tunning procedure in order

to adjust correctly those interactive tunings.

There is nothing about that in the user manual,

and Alpha-Power provide no information at all

for over foreign customers.

Any help will be greatly appraciated.

73

Jeff F6AOJ