[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 22:44:42 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 21

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   0      0
   80:   6      3
   40:  22     15
   20:  24     17
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  52     35  Total Score = 1,820

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Fired up in the SNS remotely as KP2/K6VVA, but the latency surges would
sometimes lock things up for 2 or 3 seconds.  Apologies for the ultra delays.
A couple of times I could not immediately correct a mis-typed callsign (like
KR4RO) and send an acknowledgment for about 5 seconds.  Sorry, Kirk ;-(
Hopefully the new broadband wireless service in KP2 next month will change the
ballgame.  Hopefully.

Kinda cool to later work Art/KZ5D doing his remote thing via the Locust Peak
remote just before the NS.  Sorry we didn't connect during the NS, Art.  Also
missed N3 Booga Booga on 80m tonight which was a bummer.  Next week, Jim.
Heard W0YK several times but always out of sync. Being less than 15 miles away,
we usually manage to connect on most bands but not tonight.

When a station called in a pile-up signing what sounded like W5JAW, I had a
moment of gridlock because I didn't recognize the keying or slower speed.
Jim's 3830 post explained everything.  Nice to see Mr. J-JAW in the NS after
such an absence - even with the paddles :^)

Congrats to Tom/W7WHY and Todd/WD0T on personal best nights, Brad/WF7T on the
new IC-7600, and to Mr. Wardster/N0AX for finding out all his equipment worked
:^)  Come back each week, Ward - we all need that rare MO mult.

Went to 80m too late and only doing SO1R tonight, I screwed up and didn't get
to 160m for at least 1 Q and the usual CA mult.  Missed working so many
regulars tonight, although did finally connect with Saul/K2XA after a long
absence.  Too bad the NS isn't a full hour in length {GRIN}.

The season finale of FRINGE was on tonight, but discovered there is one more
week of FLASH FORWARD which means I won't be back down to ONE addiction on
Thursday Nights until after next week.  Well, make  that TWO addictions - I'll
finally start making the post-NS 3610 Net again.

73 & Tnx for all the Q's and Mults...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust