[3830] Baltic R3/SM6LRR SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Baltic R3/SM6LRR SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 10:40:51 -0700
                    Baltic Contest

Call: R3/SM6LRR
Operator(s): SM6LRR
Station: R3/SM6LRR

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Naro-Fominsk
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total:  CW Qs = 175  Ph Qs = 0  Total Score = 742

Club: Top of Europe Contesters

Comments:

Due to antenna problems (non-operational vertical) I decided to try SO CW LP
instead of Mixed. This was perhaps not the best decision, because after 4
hours, almost all workable stations were already in the log. Next year I will
go for Mixed again for sure.

It is a pity that UN DX Contest all of a sudden appeared on the same weekend as
Baltic Contest, messing up the situation a bit. If contest message was different
between the two contests, things would be acceptable. However, serial numbers in
both BC and UN DX makes things a little uncertain in some cases.

Better coordination when starting up a new contest would have been good...

I would have loved working both contests, but then one of them needs to be
moved (preferably the older one remains this weekend).

PWR: 99 WATTS
ANT: DIPOLE AT 14 METERS

73 de R3/SM6LRR, Mats