[3830] WPX CW KL5DX(N5XZ) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KL5DX(N5XZ) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 17:21:06 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KL5DX
Operator(s): N5XZ
Station: KL7AA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: KL7
Operating Time (hrs): 27

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  115
   20:  641
   15:
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

This contest started pretty good for prop up here in Alaska, but after the first
few hours, things steadily got worse until 20 meters sounded like 10 meters.
There were occasional spots of propagation, but all together it was pretty
lousy up here. The constant QRN and the fact that I had to run to another room
to turn the rotator didn't help, either. But I had a good time when I could get
some answers. Why doesn't anybody make a good noise blanker anymore, like
Kenwood used to? Rig here was an Elecraft K3, 3-el at 40 feet and Acom 2000.
N1MM worked flawlessly along with micro Keyer II (although it took me some time
to get everything talking.)